Sunday, March 13, 2011

Going Vegan

One day while I was confiding to my professor she suggested I try eating vegan.  She told me she had been vegan for a year and "never felt better" in her life.  Now my professor is in her sixties so this is saying a lot. 

Now, months later jeff and I decided that we should try it.  We wanted to find a way to eat helathier and feel better.  My professor's suggestion and her enthusiasm for the idea had me hooked. 

Jeff and I have been vegan for about three hours.  We made a meal plan and Jeff almost threw away all our dairy, but I'm hoping to give it to a friend (we have a whole dozen eggs I don't want to just throw away).  Of course as soon as we made this decision Jeff started to get silly; while reading the ingredients list on a package he said we should not eat it because it had yeast!  I think he went too far, and I'm glad he was just joking.  We are keeping yeast, and honey.  The honey is because I like my honey and peanut sandwiches too much.  My favorite bread has honey too.  You can't take everything away. Also, I'm not becoming vegan for the sake of the animals (I believe that the food chain exists and is good) but so that I eat better.  Not to mention, honey does not harm the bees (as far as I know, feel free to correct me, but don't expect me to give up my honey and PB sandwiches!).

We booked a reservation at the local vegan restaurant to celebrate if we make it to Saturday.  I have high hopes, I can't wait to give up my cheese addiction and get healthy.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. I went to a high end vegan restaurant in Marin County, CA once and I was very impressed with their ability to make everything you could imagine out of nuts. Nut-crust pizza, nut-bread sandwiches. Actually, now that I'm writing this I think it was a raw food restaurant. That's even crazier than vegan. Good luck. I was vegetarian for a couple of years, but the lure of bacon brought eventually brought me back. Now I'm mostly chicken/fish and moderation.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)