Thursday, April 14, 2011

Feeling Glum - Time for a Cuppa

I'm a little glum.  Glum is the best word I can use.  I had a lot to do, but I couldn't do anything.  My mom lives half way around the world and I didn't want to wake her up.  Instead I did what my mom always suggested when I was sad, I made myself a cuppa.  A cuppa ... of tea that is. 

Today was a beautiful day so I made a proper cup of tea with milk and sugar, took a couple of magazines and went to sit on my porch. 



This tea set has sentimental value.  It was my mothers.  I don't even see the chip.  It was so nice and sunny that I really enjoyed the time outside.  

And there was a silver lining around this little glum day.  As I was sitting outside I noticed that my grass is getting greener.  All afternoon I had "the grass is greener on this side of the fence" running through my mind.  If that doesn't cheer one up what will? 

After

That is a lot more green than my last shot.

Before

And ... while I was out admiring my yard I saw this:


OK this may just look like a bunch of grass seeds and grass, but if you look closely  you will see some new grass sprouting.  It is my goal this summer to fill in all the bare patches.  The grass seeds are working. 

I'm still a little glum, but tea and green lawns have helped. 

3 comments:

  1. I hope your day today is a little brighter!

    I can see the little tiny sprigs of new grass in your picture!

    Your land looks a lot like ours. We have 24 acres of mostly woods and hills. A couple years ago my hubby built a 1/2 acre pond in the back. We have stocked the pond with bass, catfish, perch, and bluegil fish. We also raise a few Black Angus cows.

    Did you end up doing anything with your tulips?

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grass is really pretty. Hot tea usually helps me when I'm sad. I think it's the caffeine. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope the tea helped. don't be glum! xx

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)