Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Drink Theme Gift Basket


An old friend of mine got married a couple of weeks ago.  For her wedding gift, I did not want to do something normal and boring.  I wanted to give her something that would remind her how important she is to me.

So I took my crafting skills to the test and made Jolly Rancher Vodka,

and Cocktail Napkins.  To round out the gift I also added some store bought gifts.  This post is all about the finished product.

I started with a huge ice bucket for parties.  I love these large buckets, this one even has a bottle opener on the side (how great is that?)

I also bought a real ice bucket that is insulated and matches with the theme of red and white.

Then, to top it off, I added a drink shaker so my friend can make her own drinks.

I wrote cute little labels for each item (just in case she does not know what they are, yeah right!) and included the button from my blog.


I put it all inside the large ice bucket, wrapped it in cellophane and brought it all to the wedding.

My friend was so excited she messaged me the night she opened it, this is what she said:

We just got home and opened your gift and I wanted to message right away to say that it was probably the best gift! W are really looking forward to trying your flavored vodkas! It was such a thoughtful gift and so much effort!


That was all the reward I needed.  


I love giving handmade gifts.  Every year I plan to make gifts for Christmas but never get it done.  What are your favorite gifts to make?

5 comments:

  1. that's so nice to know she really appreciated your handmade gift. i would looove to try all the flavored vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detail in that dress and your ankle strap sandals are beautiful!

    Hope you had an amazing time!
    FRUIT GIFT BASKET

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There! I Like the way your writing your blog.. I strongly recommend your blog to my friends. Great ReaD! Nice article Composition.


    criminal case cheats no survey
    dragon city hack no survey
    marketland hack tool no survey

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very fascinating, You're an overly skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and sit up for in quest of extra of your magnificent post.
    Additionally, I have shared your web site in my social networks

    My web blogthere hack twitter

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)