Monday, March 26, 2012

Vintage, Fun, and Black Tie (Optional)


My friend from Graduate School is getting married.  I'm so happy for her, she is truly a happy bride.

Now I'm faced with a slight problem.  As the title suggests the dress code is "Vintage, Fun, and Black Tie (Optional)."  I have looked for a vintage dress but I can't find a good one, and in truth, I can't really afford a new dress anyway (even if it is vintage).  

So I have two options.  One, a black dress that is perfect...except that it is BLACK.  I could fancy it up with a colorful belt and shoes but I'm not too excited by that.  So that leaves me with option two, a pink "Marilyn Monroe dress."


What do you think? Will it work?

There is one problem.  The top is so low you can see my bra.


Even with the pin it does not work.  (I have since sewn it up a little, but I'm not sure that will work.)

The other problem is that my petty coat shows.  (I'm just popping out all over the place.)


Here is one more shot of the whole dress.

What do you think?  Will it work?  Can I go to a museum in New Jersey, where the wedding is held, and not feel out of place?

I do have one more option.  My friend has a bright red strapless dress that might work, but I have to try it on and hope it fits.  

Now comes your job.  I know you can't see the black dress or the red one, but what do you think? Will the pink one work?  Should I go out looking a another vintage dress?   I need help.  Give me advice.


Where I Party:

Stinky Linky Party

3 comments:

  1. I'm old enough to be your mother, but I think I can give you some good advice.

    You look delicious in your pink dress, and the black petticoat looks great too. Get you a piece of fancy, black lace and tuck it in the top of the bodice. If you can find a pair of vintage black gloves, that would top it off!

    Study some pictures of Marilyn Monroe, and style your hair and makeup like hers.

    You are going to be beautiful!!!! Let us hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say exactly the same thing as Rose. Pink and black, with your fair hair will be beautiful. Sew a bit of black lace in to fill some of the cleavage or get a V cut bra. Beg, borrow or buy a diamond bracelet. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that the petticoat sticks out the bottom, and yes, fluff that up in the top. this dress fits the fun and vintage requirements!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)