Thursday, April 28, 2011

Child's Play

I finished another draft of my thesis, and now am taking my much deserved break.

A very close friend and her two little children came to my house last week.  Only today have I had a chance to blog about it, but I am so excited to tell you what I had in store for them.

I helped out my friend while she took her youngest to school so I was not home to plan a lot.  I had to have everything done before I left.

This is what I did:


I bought a bunch of fabric markers, bubble glitter (you know the stuff you draw with), and two little canvas bags.


Then I decorated the table with a huge roll of paper, the little love's names, and the fabric stuff.



 I repurposed the little pails from my desk and left the oldest some instructions to share.


My friend and I had a collection of colorful sharpies and the paper to draw on, but in hindsight I would have gotten us some bags too. 

The kids had a great time.  I am not one to post pictures of other people's children without permission, and I forgot to ask, so I can't show the adorable shots I got of my two little lovelies, but here is the final product of the oldest. 


He did each side with a different color scheme.  It was even better once the paint dried.

I have to say this was a very fun little surprise for the kids, and my friend and I got some time to talk.  There is nothing better. 

2 comments:

  1. how fun and such a great idea too to put a huge roll of paper on the table and those little pails are adorable! x Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing. Just FYI, Tulip and Scribbles both have fabric markers that are far superior to Marvy's...I do a lot of fashion artwork with markers on t-shirts, bags, shoes etc. and Tulip is the best value and quality. Scribbles are awesome too! Have a great day and stay crafty!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)