Friday, March 9, 2012

All Natural Eye Makeup Remover


I have been looking for a good eye makeup remover for a long time.  I like the ones with oil because they are easier on my sensitive skin.  Most of the oil based eye makeup remover is so expensive and I'm never confident of their long list of ingredients.

One day on Pinterest I saw a local recipe for eye makeup remover.  Frugally Sustainable has a great recipe for all natural eye makeup remover.  After trying the reipe out as is, I added more oil.  This worked the best for me.

One thing I love about this recipe is that the ingredients are so simple.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon Dr. Bronner's Unscented Baby-Mild Soap
1 tablespoon olive oil


Just mix the ingredients together and poor into a bottle (or two).


Shake up the ingredients s they really combine (you will have to do this every time you use it).


I labeled the containers and then got to try it out.


Here is my eye with makeup and after I have removed it.

Before

After

I found that this eye makeup remover works very well.  It took off the waterproof mascara and the pencil eyeliner.  My all natural eye makeup remover works as good as the Clinique stuff I love but can't afford. The extra oil I added made it more effective.

I may just wear more mascara now.  :)

Let me know if you try this and how it works for you.  If possible I would love to implement an informal pole: do you wear makeup every day?  I never wear makeup and sometimes wish I did.  In truth, I'm just too lazy to put in the effort, but I love how it makes me look just that much better.

Where I party: 
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Shabby Nest


Making Lemonade

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your comment on Not Just A Housewife, and thought I would stop by and help you get a little bigger...at least by one, me! So nice to meet you and I hope you stop by and visit me too. New blog friends are the greatest. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found something you like, but I have to ask...have you ever tried Mary Kay? It's a best seller, (I think some of my customers drink it, heehee)and it is oil free. It feels like oil but it doesn't stay, for reg and waterproof. Not trying to sell you anything, but if you want oil free, you might want to try it. I found you at Say G'Day Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long is it good for? Shelf-life? -Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tip! might just try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Kay is not all natural

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)