Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Day in the Life of a New Vegan

Alright for the weekly WIAW I am showcasing my new eating restrictions.


Yup, Jeff and I are vegan (it has been three and a half weeks).  Just so you know, I don't only make vegan deserts, although that is all I have posted about.

So here is one day of my newly vegan life.

Breakfast:
 Everything bagel with vegan butter and raspberry jam (but no seeds, I hate that.  I guess I  have to go back to my old jam)

Lunch:

It was an afternoon of leftovers.  The first is our vegan pizza (it was actually quite good) of portobello mushrooms, olives and basil.  The second part was leftover teriyaki tofu with mashed cauliflower.  Both were cold right out of the fridge.  I like it like that (and we gave up our microwave...long story).

Dinner
Veggie burgers with sweet potato baked fries with salad.  I love to dip my fries in mayonnaise (now vegan mayonnaise).  The burger is our usual but we had to replace the egg with flax (a trick we found online).  

Desert (what you didn't think I would skip that did you?)
Jeff's favorite home made chai with vegan creamer.

So there you have it.  One day of meals in my new vegan life.  As you can tell I am still eating well. 

I'm hosting a GIVEAWAY this week, so be sure to go here to enter to win $15 gift certificate for all natural soap. 

4 comments:

  1. It all looks YUM! to me. Thanks for stopping by my place! Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The veggie pizza looks awesome!! Have you ever posted the recipe? Cute blog, I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks yummy. i love vegan stuff. the meatless patties are the best! xx

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)