Saturday, October 13, 2012

Recipe Review: Slow Cooker Lentil Soup



With my new job everything else has to take a back seat.  That means I have not had as much time to blog, cook, clean or really do much of anything (like shave my legs, it's a good thing that fall is upon us).  I will probably only be posting once a week now.  This week it is another recipe review, but I should have my big craft project done by next week (the drying time on this one is really long, 48 hours long).  

In an effort to not have to work very hard on the weekdays I have been experimenting with the slow cooker.  I made two recipes this week.  This soup and a slow cooker lasagna (it was good but did not photograph well).

I have been craving lentil soup for days!!!  I just needed me some veggies and beans and soupy love.  So I found this recipe and tried it.

This is a Weight Watcher's recipe, so I was ready for something on the lighter side.  I knew going in it would not have a lot of calories and all that.  Usually, WW recipes are good.  In fact, last time around, when Hubby and I gave up WW we kept cooking some of our favorite recipes from our time in the program.  This recipe was a bit of a disappointment   I would say it was good, but not great.  In truth I found that the slow cooker overcooked the celery and, in general, there just was not enough veggies for my taste.  I think it was just overcooked in general.

I did eat the soup for lunch a couple of times, but the super soft veggies were just not that appetizing.  I don't think this recipe is a keeper.

I'm looking for more slow cooker recipes, so if you have any suggestions or websites you could recommend that would be a big help.

Any guesses as to what it is?

Now, to entice you to keep coming back I will give you a little taste of my next project.  The pictures so far are pretty great.  I hope it will work in the end.  I can't wait to show you what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)