Friday, April 27, 2012

Hair Experiments


The other night I was home, alone, and bored.  I had already watched reruns of various wedding related shows on Lifetime and was working my way through them a second time (late at night the play the same shows again).  So I decided it was a good time to try some of the hair styles I had pinned on Pinterest (follow the link to find the board titled "hair").

I'm not great with doing my own hair.  I was raised by a mom who was a hippie and had hair down to her knees.  All she ever does with her hair is wear it in a bun on top of her head and braid it at night.  Growing up, she was not the best person to turn to for hair styling techniques (unless you want to make a bun, which I do very well).  Needless-to-say I never learned how to primp and tease my hair.

All that said, I only tried the more simple hairdos.

This is how it will work, I will post a picture of the Pinterest inspiration and then my own attempt.  I'm not going to give you any tutorials but will provide links (if I can find them) to the original posts.

1. Braid Crown
{source}
My Own Attempt

My hair is not quite long enough on the front for this one.  I could not wrap it all the way around my head.  

2. Sock Bun
{source}

My Own Attempt

I like the sock bun but it is really not all the exciting.  

3. Tie-back 
{source}
My own Attempt

I like this look, but I'm not a fan of teased hair so I skipped the teasing.  

4. Braided Bangs
{source}

My Own Attempt

I might have to try starting the braids a little further over.

5. Braided Bun
{source}

My Own Attempt

I ended on the braided bun because it was my most successful hairstyle.  But I have to say, the others worked alright.  maybe with a little more practice and time I can get them right.

I'm not sure if any of these will work for my friend's wedding.  I may just go with my hair down.  

2 comments:

  1. Go for the tie back with some teasing for the wedding! Perfect with a retro look and I thought that style suited you very well. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. braided bangs and braided bun are super cute. good for you for trying those out! what else (besides watching wedding related things) is a girl to do when home alone?!?

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)