Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Downstairs Upgrade


My basement is not the best, it is dark, was once wet, and is pretty dirty and covered in cobwebs.  Hubby and I have been working to improve it, but with little funds, we have been working slowly.

Well, we managed to improve the dirty messy stairs just a little this week.  We found carpet squares at a local discount store and discovered that if we cut them in half they fit the stairs perfectly.

So I cut ten squares in half and nailed them to the ten steps.

Before

 After


Ok, it was not quite that simple.  The steps are not even, so I had to trim a couple and fiddle with the placement of others, but in the end I'm happy with the outcome.   


In fact, I'm so happy that I get a little jolt of excitement every time I walk down my newly carpeted stairs.


Now I can walk down the stairs barefoot, wooh hoo!  Laundry without dirt on my feet, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)