Thursday, November 8, 2012

What Should I Do With All These Baby Food Bottles?


My wonderful sister-in-law had a baby about nine months ago.  Besides that I now have a little nephew, and he is adorable, it means I have a connection for Baby Food Bottles!!! 

That's not say that when she had her baby I was all "Oh great now I can get your empty baby food bottles."  No, it took me some time.  But when I saw the little one eating whole food and though about all those bottles I got right on it and asked mom and nana to save those bottles

Now, I have a huge collection of baby food bottles.  I already have a plan for most of them, but if I have extra I need a backup plan.  Also, if I get really inspired I can ask them to save more again.  (I put mom on hold for now, she can go back to recycling them.)

I'm not going to tell you about my original idea, but here are some ideas for extra bottles.  I would love it if you would vote in the comments section for your favorite idea (maybe I can make the project and use it as a giveaway or something).

Uses for Empty Baby Food Bottles  


1.  Glitter Tea Lights

{source}
I love this idea.  All you have to do is add glitter to the outside.  Very pretty.  This blog is great, but in Japanese (I think).  Lucky for us she has great photos. 

2. Tiny Vase

{source}
The great part of using baby bottles for vases is that they are small and low.  These ones are dipped in paint for extra pop.

3. Advent Calender

{source}
Forget about boring waxy chocolate, you can make your own advent calendar.  Put whatever you want inside. 

4. Hanging Vase

{source}
Put flowers, candles, or tiny succulents inside.  These would be great anywhere. 

5. Homemade Goodies

{source}

I always wanted to make sugar scrub.  What better way to give it away than to put it in little baby food jars.  But don't limit yourself to sugar scrub, anything you make would be great in a baby food jar.  Bath salts, honey, jam, the possibilities are endless.

6. Outdoor Chandelier

Ok, I have to admit, this is my favorite one.  I would totally do this.  We have an old family photo with everyone eating outside under a tree.  I want to take a current one in a similar style, and would love to decorate the tree with this chandelier.  Maybe I will make one for a party I want to throw next summer. 

Alright, now for your vote. Who knows maybe you will even inspire me to get the family collecting more bottles again.  

1 comment:

  1. Such cute ideas! I vote #2. They'd look very cute scattered around the house.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)