Friday, November 30, 2012

A Quick Sketch



Most of you don't know this about me, but I went to art school for a short time when I was young.  In high school, I spent every free moment in the art room painting and sketching.  Then, when it was time to apply to colleges I applied to an art school, and got in.  So I went down to NYC, completed a summer prerequisite course, and went to art school for a whole six weeks.

I was enrolled at Parson's School of Design but I made a lot of mistakes.  I heard later that Parson's freshman courses are designed to weed out week artists   They call it "Boot Camp" for designers.  Guess I was just not cut out for that life.  Sometimes I wish I had stuck with it.

I'm not  great sketcher, but I want to do it more.  This is my most recent sketch.  In fact, my only sketch in a long time.

For some unknown reason I like to sketch rolls of toilet paper.  I have a bunch of them.  I like the shape they have.

So, that is my story, and my sketch.

3 comments:

  1. How interesting. Your sketch is quite good.
    I have the same feeling as you. i never went to school, however when I was younger, I loved to draw and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you are a toilet paper sketching pro. these really do look good, and wowzers about parsons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone so young you have done some amazing things! Nice job on your sketch. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)