Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our Wedding: the Invitations


Jeff and I searched long and hard for the right invitations.  We had a limited budget and were determined to stay in line (in the end we were under budget).  We picked these invites from Wedding Paper Divas.  They were great with us, and we really loved what we got.  

Our wedding colors were brown, ivory and (very little) pink.  The paper was a textured ivory color.  We had the invitations made to reflect our colors.  I love the bold design of this invitation.  In reality, the names were more clear.

My family teases me because I still love brown and pink (notice the design of this website).

I carried this design through the details of the wedding.  I used the colors everywhere, and the design on the favors, the confetti (that I never got to use).

In the end I am very happy with our final choice.  I wish we had the money for hand calligraphy, or letterpress, but I was happy with what we did in the end.

What is your priority on invitations?  Is letterpress nonnegotiable?  Do you know some great Etsy person who does invites for supper cheap?  I want to know your secrets, because if I don't get this job I'm interviewing for soon I may just be planning weddings (other people's, I hope, considering I'm already married).

More details on the wedding to come!

1 comment:

  1. I like the bold and classy design of your cards. And, for the record, no matter what anyone says, a little pink is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)