I have been dragging my feet on this one, and it was so easy. Now I'm happy it is done. My jewelry looks great.
Here's how I did it.
1) Gather supplies
You will need:
1 sheet of metal with holes (I love this quatrefoil design)
1 wire clipper
1 piece of chalk to mark the metal (the pen did not work, I used fabric chalk instead)
2) Cut the metal to fit the frame
3) Take the glass out of the frame and put the metal in.
4) I liked the look of some white in the background so I used the back of the picture that came in the frame.
5) Put the backing to the frame back in to hold everything in place.
6) Insert jewelry. I added hooks for my necklaces, and just screwed them into the backing of the frame. For the earrings I just hooked them through the metal (there is room).
7) Hang and enjoy!
I love being able to see all my favorite earrings and necklaces.
Those gold ones up there are my favorite. I have quite a few long ones I must admit.
Alright, I have to look at the first shot again. Just for me.
So what do you think? How do you organize your jewelry?
P.S. My good jewelry is stashed away out of sight. Only for special occasions.