Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Vegan Chocolate and Raspberry Pudding

I altered a vegan pudding recipe and it is so good.


The original recipe came from Rhymes with Vegan, but I have changed it quite a bit.  Jeff liked it so much, he said it was a big improvement over the original recipe (but I liked the original too).

Ingredients:

Pudding:
1 cup vegan milk chocolate chips
1 box silken tofu (firm)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons silk soy creamer

Raspberry syrup:
1 box fresh raspberries (you could use frozen too I imagine)
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup sugar

Mix the tofu and sugar in a food processor (I love my food processor, if there was any one kitchen appliance I would not live without it would be the Cuisinart 14 cup food processor).

Place the chocolate chips in a bowl over a pot of boiling water (or a double boiler) to melt the chocolate.  I mix the chocolate until it has melted.  This can also be done in a microwave, at 15 second intervals while stirring in-between.

Mix the chocolate into the tofu mixture in the processor.  Refrigerate (the pudding lasts for a couple of days in the fridge and gets firmer, improving the texture)

For the raspberry syrup mix all the ingredients in a small pot and heat on low.  Smash the raspberries with a potato masher.  Cook on low until raspberries gel with sugar, and syrup thickens (check syrup on the back of a spoon to be sure).

After the syrup has cooled place pudding in decorative glass, and layer raspberries on top (if you're not vegan you could add some whipped cream here, that would be really good).  Add a couple of raspberries for garnish.

This recipe makes two large servings of pudding and can easily be doubled (or tripled).  It is also great for parties because it can  be made ahead. 
Eat, be healthy, and enjoy (I know Jeff and I did).  

4 comments:

  1. I saw the image of this deliciousness on Jen's Peas & Crayons page. I just had to stop by and see the recipe! This looks so yummy! I'm not vegan, but I am totally making this pudding SOON. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. raspberries are my favorite. if i could only do something in the kitchen without messing it up... have to pass this to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious! And I am loving your blog! I'm your newest follower!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fool for pudding and this one looks terrific! I want to try it this very minute.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)