Monday, February 11, 2013

My Little Valentine

My birthday is one week after Valentines Day so no fancy dinners, long stem roses, or jewelry on February 14th.  Valentines Day is a quiet evening at home.  Because the month can get expensive I usually make a nice dinner for the two of us.

What follows is my ideal little Valentines night at home. In reality, much of this probably won't happen.  It is a weeknight after all.

So, this is the ideal.

Valentines Dinner for Two

Individual Chicken Pot Pie

{source}
First, a nice dinner.  We love chicken pot pie in this house so that was our pick.  I just got some really cute little Le Creuset oven-proof pots.  My little pies will look great.  You can find the recipe here.  This is a Better Homes and Gardens recipe, so you know it will be good. And the best part?  The recipe is for two.  I will probably make a little salad for the side.

Next ... Desert.

Chocolate Souffle

{source}
Nothing says "Romantic Valentines Meal" like chocolate souffle for two.  I love me some souffle.  The trick is not to over mix the egg whites.  I got this recipe is from Real Simple Magazine.

Extra Valentines Fun

Now for the fun stuff.  If I had all the time in the world I would also add these little touches.


A cute outfit is always nice, even for a evening at home.  I have the pearls, shoes and dress, I could use a red clutch and scarf, but who needs a clutch when you're not leaving the house anyway?

{source}
After dinner it will be nice to use these dice to mix things up.  Don't worry, they are totally PG.  Follow this link for the printable.

{source}
If we get the need for a little snack I would love to have these cookies on hand.  Maybe next year, after I have  the cookie cutters.  Sorry, there is no recipe or tutorial.  I guess I can write some directions when I figure out how to make them.

How do you celebrate Valentines Day (or do you just hate the "hallmark holiday."  Hay, I'm not judging)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me smile and leave a comment!

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design (© Copyright 2011)